Gout can last from just a few days to months. That excruciating pain is a painful reminder how fast gout can stop your life. Don't live with the pain and ignore gout. Left untreated, gout can lead to high blood pressure, or as it's also known, "The Silent Killer." Don't risk it. Address your gout symptoms with a natural gout home remedy. Just a simple gout prevention diet can keep you on your feet, out of your doctor's office, and out of the pharmacy. Gout is the form of arthritis that is most affected by diet. Care and attention must be given in the diet of someone who suffers from gout. Learn how some simple steps can turn your life from pain to wellness.
Prevent Gout with 6 Simple Steps!
Follow these simple suggestions to prevent gout and its pains.
- Avoid foods high in purines because they break down in the body and actually form uric acid, which causes gout. These foods include alcohol, asparagus, beans, beef kidney, caffeine food and drinks, consommé, fish, game meats, gravy, herring, kidney, lentils, liver, mackerel, mushrooms, mussels, organ meat (kidney, liver, sweetbread), peas, red meats, roe, sardines, scallops, shellfish, smelt, and strawberries.
- Lose weight. If you eat 50 calories less every day for a year, that would add up to 15-20 lbs a year! Obesity leads to higher levels of uric acid. Even if you need to lose weight, don't be tempted to go on a fad or crash diet. These types of diets aggravate gout bouts.
- Lift weights. You won't bulk up if you train lightly. Start with light weights. You can do this at home or you can join a gym.
- Consume foods that actually help fight off gout. These delicious foods include: bananas, black cherries, blueberries, bead, broccoli, cabbage, capers, carbonated drinks, celery, cereal, cherries, chocolate, citrus fruits, cocoa, coffee, cranberries, dark berries, dairy products that are low-fat, flaxseed oil, fruits high in vitamin C, fruit juices with purified water, green-leafy vegetables, high-fiber foods, kale, low-fat dairy foods, mandarins, olive oil, onions, oranges, nuts, parsley, pasta, pineapple, raspberries, red-blue berries, red bell peppers, red cabbage, rice, salmon, seeds, tangerines, tea, tofu made from soybeans, tomatoes, tuna, and water.
- Take natural supplements like alfalfa, apple cider vinegar, B complex vitamins, baking soda, bilberry (huckleberry), black cohash, bormelain, buchua tea, cayenne pepper, celery seeds, devil's claw, DMSOs, fish oil, folic acid, potassium (if you don't get enough in your food), hawthorn, hydrangea, L-glutamine, L-glutathione, L-glycine, L-methionine, lemon juice, nettle, parsley, Quercetin, red clover, saffron, shark cartilage, spearmint and tissue salts.
- Another natural gout remedy is home care. There are some situations that tend to trigger gout bouts. Be aware of the situations so you will be able to steer away from them. They include being dehydrated or stressed; having an infection, joint injury, surgery, or hospitalization; and decadence with purine-enriched foods.
Make some simple adjustments to your lifestyle to deter gout pain. Become familiar with the triggers that seem to aggravate your gout.Read More Articles