What is gout?
Gout is a severe form of arthritis. It can attack any joint in the body, but attacks the big toe more often.
How common is gout?
About one million Americans suffer with gout and its painful symptoms.
What causes gout?
- Elevated uric acid levels.
- Foods high in purine also trigger the onset of gout. Some examples include alcohol, anchovies, asparagus, beer, cauliflower, meat gravies, mushrooms, organ meat (liver and brain), sardines, spinach, and yeast. Gout sufferers should stay away from these foods.
- Abnormal kidney functions.
What kind of herbs and herbal supplements are available for natural gout treatment?
- Alfalfa reduces uric acid.
- Apple cider vinegar alters the pH so uric acid crystals will be excreted. Soaking the affected joint in apple cider vinegar is also recommended.
- B complex vitamin assists in the body's conversion of uric acid to harmless proponents.
- Baking soda alkalizes the body.
- Bilberry or huckleberry rids gout.
- Black cohash neutralizes blood acidity.
- Blueberries ease gout pains.
- Bromelain prevents inflammation.
- Buchu tea flushes out uric acid crystals.
- Cayenne pepper eases gout pain.
- Celery seeds eliminate uric acid.
- Cherries relieve gout pain.
- Devil's claw reduces high uric acid levels.
- DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) relieves inflammation symptoms and dissolves uric acid crystals.
- Fish oil reduces inflammation.
- Folic acid reduces uric acid levels.
- Foods like cherries, dairy, dark berries, and fatty acids found in flax oil, olive oil, nuts, and salmon fight against gout.
- Foods included in a high-fiber diet eliminate uric acid.
- Foods high in potassium, baked potato, cooked spinach, dried peaches, avocado, cantaloupe, boiled lima beans, medium banana, orange juice, raw baby carrots, skim milk, nonfat yogurt, nonsalted tomato sauce, lean hamburger, canned kidney beans, and dried prunes fight off gout.
- Fruits and vegetables provide needed nutrients.
- Grapes lessen uric acidity.
- Hawthorn accelerates the healing time.
- Hydrangea is an anti-inflammatory.
- Ice applied to the affected area will sooth and numb the pain.
- L-glutamine acts as an antacid.
- L-glutathione increases cleansing of uric acid.
- L-glycine acts as an antacid.
- L-methionine detoxifies purines.
- Lemon juice stimulates calcium carbonate and neutralizes the acids in the body.
- Low-purine diets prevent damage caused by free radicals.
- Nettle moderates uric acid levels.
- Parsley acts as a natural diuretic.
- Quercetin inhibits an enzyme that promotes gout. It is a flavonoid found in apples, broccoli, capers, cherries, citrus fruits, cranberries, honey from eucalyptus and tea tree flowers, leafy green vegetables, onions, and raspberries.
- Red clover removes toxins from the body.
- Saffron stabilizes uric acid levels.
- Shark cartilage relieves pain.
- Spearmint soothes gout pain.
- Strawberries neutralize uric acid.
- Tissue salts prevents the formation of uric acid crystals.
- Vitamin C lowers uric acid levels.
- Vitamin E deficiency can lead to the formation of uric acid crystals.
- Water, fresh juice, or herbal tea help to keep the urine diluted.
Say goodbye to gout? Gout is a part of life, but it doesn't have to be a part of your life.Read More Articles