Riley, D, et al.; Homeopathy and conventional medicine: an outcomes study comparing effectiveness in a primary care setting. J Altern Complement Med. 2001 Apr;7(2):123-5.
Haidvogl, Max, et al.; Homeopathic and conventional treatment for acute respiratory and ear complaints: A comparative study on outcome in the primary care setting. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2007, 7:7.
Trichard M, Chaufferin G, Nicoloyannis N.; Pharmacoeconomic comparison between homeopathic and antibiotic treatment strategies in recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis in children. Homeopathy, 2005; 94(1): 3-9
|Symptom||Ingredient||Provide Relief||HPUS Indication|
|Overactive Appetite||Nat phos|
|Empty Stomach Feeling||Ignatia|
|Excess Eating||Veratrum alb|
|Peculiar cravings||Abies can|
Indications for temporary symptom relief are based on Homeopathic Materia Medica for self-limiting conditions. As an OTC medicine, Diet Defense is not intended to replace any medications prescribed by your physician.
Unique Dual-Action Symptom Relief + Healthy Lifestyle Support Makes Diet Defense the Natural Choice for Weight Control
Discover why so many people choose Diet Defense for safe, satisfying and natural weight control support:
- Diet Defense is an OTC homeopathic medicine, formulated with officially recognized active homeopathic ingredients, as listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS), which is an FDA-recognized compendium for homeopathic medicine.
- The active homeopathic ingredients in Diet Defense are delivered using a non-alcohol, non-irritating purified ionized mineral water base to support the body's natural balance.
- Liquid medicine easy to administer for safe relief.
- Diet Defense provides a safe relief formula that supports your overall health and medication regimen, incorporating an integrated medicine approach to your healthy lifestyle choices.
- As a natural medicine, Diet Defense relieves symptoms without the negative side effects commonly associated with weight loss medications.
You can feel confident that, by choosing Diet Defense for you and your family, you are making a safe choice for natural cravings and overactive appetite!
By taking Diet Defense just twice a day, you can relieve your overactive appetite and cravings. An overall healthy lifestyle marked with an actionable knowledge of safe and integrated health choices is an important first step toward the life you desire.
Diet Defense Ingredients:Abies canadensis HPUS, Anacardium orientale HPUS, Argentum metallicum HPUS, Adrenocorticotrophin HPUS, Hypothalamus HPUS, Ignatia amara HPUS, Lycopodium clavatum HPUS, Natrum phosphoricum HPUS, Phosphorus HPUS, Pituitarum HPUS, Sabadilla HPUS, Staphysagria HPUS, Sulphur HPUS, Thyroidinum HPUS, Veratrum album HPUS.
The letters "HPUS" indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. Diet Defense's unique multi-potency formula contains three dilutions (12X, 24X, and LM1) of each active homeopathic ingredient, in equal amounts, in one bottle. These active ingredients are stabilized in our purified ionized mineral water base to help maximize absorption. Unlike most homeopathic medicines, Diet Defense does not contain irritating alcohol or sugar and has no gluten added.View LabelSee Indications by Ingredient
Find out if Diet Defense is right for you!
Call 1.800.875.0850 today.
Real People - Real Reviews
The experiences expressed in the above feedback may be unique to the individual(s) involved. The feedback and descriptions of the products used are not intended to promote any direct or implied health claims. Actual experiences may vary.
Explore More Diet Defense
Diet Defense Ingredients
The active homeopathic ingredients in Diet Defense are officially recognized to relieve overactive appetite and craving symptoms, and our purified ionized mineral water base provides healthy lifestyle support.
Diet Defense FAQ
Straightforward questions and answers about Diet Defense. Do you have another question? Email or ask a Hello Life Specialist toll free at 1.800.875.0850 now.
About Diet Defense
We are here to Match Your Commitment to a healthy lifestyle, supporting you with tools you can use to build your naturally healthy life.
How Hunger Works
Learn more about the causes and symptoms of excess appetite and cravings, and practical lifestyle changes you can make to positively affect your weight and energy, starting today.
The HelloLife Guarantee
We're so sure that Diet Defense is the right choice for your healthy lifestyle, that we offer a 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
A 60-Day Promise!
(Literally right up to the last minute of the 60th day, period!
Please see our 60-day return guideline.)
Diet Defense Usage Guide:
Shake before using. Add recommended dosage into 8-12 oz non-metal container of pure (non-chlorinated) water and drink. You may also dispense dosage directly into mouth.**
* Excessive dosing may cause mild digestive discomfort
** Diet Defense is colorless and flavorless in water but may have a slight tangy taste if taken directly into the mouth. Do not allow the dropper to touch any surface, including the mouth, as it may contaminate the solution.
Diet Defense Ingredients
Diet Defense is formulated with active ingredients that have been selected based on their traditional use in homeopathic medicine, as found in the Homeopathic Materia Medica, for self-limiting conditions. Individual ingredient potency is based on the OTC recommendations found in the official monographs on file with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Diet Defense is intended for temporary relief from excess appetite and craving symptoms and to support your balanced and integrative lifestyle, including proper diet and lifestyle habits as recommended by health care professionals throughout the medical establishment.
Diet Defense safely starts relieving excess appetite and craving symptoms using a natural homeopathic approach.
- To mitigate the risk of negative side effects, Diet Defense is prepared with a multi-dilutional process. As a safe homeopathic OTC product, Diet Defense is manufactured in compliance with current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) standards.
- Diet Defense employs a broad approach to homeopathy so as to relieve symptoms in each individual
- Traditionally, the homeopathic method of treatment has been characterized by a process of elimination in which individual ingredients and dilutions are used on a trial and error basis until an effective resolution is discovered.
- Administering a comprehensive multi-ingredient, multi-potency formula, Diet Defense provides a wide range of symptom relief, as opposed to standard homeopathic medicines merely using single ingredients and single potencies to narrow down a patient’s treatment.
- In addition to this multi-directional technique, Diet Defense utilizes a purified ionized mineral water solution with a sublingual absorption capacity to relieve excess appetite and craving symptoms.
- Diet Defense uses minute potencies of homeopathic ingredients to mitigate symptoms and provide relief.
- With a drastic increase in formulation process technology over the last century, homeopathy has been improved and is now recognized as a viable form of treatment.
- The formulation of Diet Defense is based upon an intrinsic body response known as the "Law of Similars" to assist natural symptom relief by using recommended dilutions of homeopathic active ingredients.
- This practice mitigates side effects that are commonly seen in conventional medicines that rely on chemical reactions, which cause side effects as documented in their product contraindications.
- Diet Defense has no synthetic additives, no artificial coloring or flavoring, and no added sugar or gluten.
The multi-faceted elements that Diet Defense offers have proven beneficial for many users in regards to individual response and sensitivity. The principle benefit of homeopathy, and Diet Defense in particular, is the ability to experience safe symptom relief without the side effects commonly associated with other medications.
The severity of the condition and other elements of therapy should always be discussed with a health care professional who can provide an accurate diagnosis and suggest an efficient treatment regimen.
The active homeopathic ingredients used to formulate Diet Defense are:
Abies canadensis HPUS, Anacardium orientale HPUS, Argentum metallicum HPUS, Adrenocorticotrophin HPUS, Hypothalamus HPUS, Ignatia amara HPUS, Lycopodium clavatum HPUS, Natrum phosphoricum HPUS, Phosphorus HPUS, Pituitarum HPUS, Sabadilla HPUS, Staphysagria HPUS, Sulphur HPUS, Thyroidinum HPUS, Veratrum album HPUS
The letters "HPUS" indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. Diet Defense's unique multi-potency formula contains three dilutions (12X, 24X, and LM1) of each active homeopathic ingredient, in equal amounts, in one bottle. These active ingredients are stabilized in our purified ionized mineral water base to help maximize absorption. Unlike most homeopathic medicines, Diet Defense does not contain irritating alcohol or sugar, and has no gluten added.
Diet Defense FAQ
Q: What is Diet Defense?
A: Diet Defense is a liquid OTC formula that uses a multi-tiered approach to naturally relieve overactive appetite and craving symptoms and promote healthy weight control. We stabilize natural active homeopathic ingredients into our organic purified ionized mineral water base, to ensure you enjoy relief from cravings and overactive appetite.
Q: Is Diet Defense approved by the FDA?
A: Diet Defense is an FDA product listed natural medicine and uses an OTC formulation. The active homeopathic ingredients are officially recognized, as listed in the HPUS and Homeopathic Materia Medica.
The FDA has regulated homeopathic medicine since 1938 by means of the guidelines in the HPUS, as per the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Said regulation is conducted in the same manner as that of nonprescription OTC drugs, according to The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). Diet Defense is manufactured and packaged following the FDA's Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
Q: How do I take Diet Defense?
A: Dosage and directions are included on the label. You can add liquid Diet Defense to a glass of purified water, or dispense directly into your mouth. See detailed instructions in picture below.
Avoid contamination: Do not touch the dropper to anything other than the product. (fig. 1,2)
When dispensing, squirt the homeopathic into your mouth without touching the dropper to your mouth. (fig. 3)
If dispensing directly into mouth is not convenient, you can put the solution into a spoon or a glass of water. (fig. 4,5)
Make sure to use non-metallic objects, as the metal can change the product's effectiveness.
Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid direct sunlight, along with prolonged exposure to high temperatures.
Q: How often do I take Diet Defense?
A: For optimal benefit, take Diet Defense consistently every day, one hour before meals or as often as needed.
Q: How soon can I expect to see results from Diet Defense?
A: You can expect to see a noticeable improvement in your cravings and overactive appetite within just a few hours of taking your first Diet Defense dose. For many individuals, results will be apparent within a few hours of the first dose. Because every person is different, however, the exact time taken for relief is indefinable. Diet Defense functions best in a body free of underlying conditions, which can hinder the body's ability to achieve balance. A healthy lifestyle that observes proper nutrition and regular exercise is essential in order to experience the results of Diet Defense. We encourage you to take Diet Defense twice daily for 30 days to begin experiencing the results desired. If you cannot see improvement in the first 30 days, you are welcome to take advantage of our 60-day satisfaction guarantee and return the product. If you do see some improvement, however, we recommend that you stay with the program for 3-6 months to receive the desired results. Please see our 60-day return guideline.
Q: How long does one bottle of Diet Defense last?
A: A single bottle of Diet Defense is two fluid ounces. The product's dosage is given according to weight. So, if you weigh 50+ lbs, each two-ounce bottle will last approximately one month for one person, depending on your individual health needs and usage.
Q: How much Diet Defense will I need?
A: Each bottle of Diet Defense offers a one month supply for one adult. Children may need less, and multiple family members taking Diet Defense may need more than one bottle per month.
Q: Can children take Diet Defense?
A: Yes, Diet Defense is OTC formulated for safe relief from cravings and overactive appetite in adults and children over age 2.
Q: How safe is Diet Defense?
A: Diet Defense is made with natural ingredients and is , first and foremost, formulated to be safe. Diet Defense has no reported side effects or drug interactions, and may be used with other prescription or OTC medications. Diet Defense is safe for both adults and children 2 years of age and up.
Q: Has Diet Defense been clinically tested?
A: The individual ingredients in Diet Defense have claims based on the Homeopathic Materia Medica. As a composite formulation, however, Diet Defense has not been clinically tested.
Q: Can I safely take Diet Defense with medications?
A: The ingredients in Diet Defense are natural and safe, but if you are currently taking prescription medications, we recommend you consult your health care professional before use.
Q: Is Diet Defense an herbal remedy?
A: Diet Defense is not an herbal remedy. Herbal remedies are based on the herb's use in traditional medicine, while homeopathy uses the "law of similars." Herbs use larger quantities of the product per dose. Homeopathic medicines use minute doses of the substance to address the symptoms. Herbal substances are regulated as food, where as the FDA accepts homeopathic products as drugs.
Q: What is the "law of similars?"
A: The "law of similars" is the idea that like relieves like. Homeopathy demonstrates that a substance that produces a certain set of symptoms in a healthy person can relieve the same symptoms in a sick person experiencing them. The homeopathic medicine is diluted to such minute doses that the ingredients are very safe.
Q: What is "Natural Medicine?"
A: As a natural medicine, Diet Defense safely activates the body's natural relief and balance mechanisms, unlike many other OTC formulations that rely on chemical responses to activate or block healing responses, and come with notable side effects, as indicated per their product indications.
Natural medicine is safe, and the ingredients in Diet Defense are regulated by the FDA according to the guidelines for OTC homeopathic formulation. While "natural" implies indications about the ingredients (Diet Defense does contain natural active homeopathic ingredients), "natural medicine" more accurately refers to how the medicine works.
Q: What is Integrated Medicine?
A: Integrated medicine is a functional, balanced approach to wellness. Rather than relying solely on conventional methods, such as prescription drugs and surgery, or alternative methods like acupuncture and homeopathy, integrated medicine recognizes that the two can work together for optimal results. Health care providers who practice integrated medicine will use methods such as homeopathy in complement with more intense and/or invasive treatments.
Q: What is homeopathy?
A: Homeopathy is an officially recognized medicinal therapy that uses safe, naturally occurring substances to relieve symptoms of self-limiting conditions in the body. Observing the homeopathic dilution process per regulatory guidelines, we formulate the active ingredients in Diet Defense for safe relief of overactive appetite and craving symptoms.
Q: What is the homeopathic dilution process?
A:Homeopathic Medicines are believed to be more effective when its active ingredient is diluted. This is the minimum dose approach to homeopathy. The purpose of potency is to dilute the product until it can do no harm to a person. Homeopathic drug potency is indicated by such terms as "12X," 24X," and "LM1." These refer to the amount of times and by what ratio the base substance has been diluted.
Q: What is HPUS?
A: The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) is a compilation of standards for the components and preparation of homeopathic drugs. It has been in continuous publication since 1897, and became the official U.S. homeopathic regulatory guideline in 1938, as stated in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
The HPUS is compiled by the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia Convention of the United States (HPCUS), which is a non-governmental, non-profit scientific organization of experts trained and experienced in the field of homeopathy. The HPCUS works closely with the FDA and U.S. homeopathic organizations.
Diet Defense's active homeopathic ingredients are listed in the HPUS, and are therefore officially recognized.
Q: What is "Materia Medica"?
A: "Materia Medica" (Latin) refers to a body of information about medical knowledge. At HelloLife, we refer to specific Materia Medica that contain information on homeopathic ingredients. In general, we refer to William Boericke's Homeopathic Materia Medica.
The active homeopathic ingredients in Diet Defense are recognized by such long-standing Materia Medica, and thereby are not required to undergo the same safety and interaction testing as new OTC drugs.
Q: What is purified ionized mineral water?
A: Purified ionized mineral water uses organic trace minerals to supplement the minerals necessary for enzyme functions in the body. This can speed up cellular metabolism and support your natural repair processes. The purified ionized mineral water in Diet Defense is an effective stabilizing agent and catalyst for the active homeopathic ingredients, as opposed to alcohol, which is common to most homeopathic preparations but irritating to your system.
Q: How is Diet Defense different from conventional products?
A: Diet Defense is intended to safely relieve overactive appetite and craving symptoms AND promote optimal overall health, while conventional products typically address only the symptoms, and usually with negative side effects.
Q: Is Diet Defense a cure?
A:Diet Defense is a natural medicine that works quickly to relieve overactive appetite and craving symptoms, but it is not a cure. Instead, Diet Defense is intended as a component of a healthy lifestyle, safely relieving your symptoms so you can focus on the big picture of your health and life. Choose whole, fresh foods, clean, pure water; and plenty of positive thought and movement, and you will naturally increase the effectiveness of Diet Defense and over time find yourself naturally relieved of excess appetite and cravings.
Q: What are symptoms?
A: Symptoms are the aspects of illness that you can see and feel; they are the way your body responds to an underlying problem. Although they tend to be negative manifestations, they are actually good in the sense that they are your body's way of telling you what is wrong. Diet Defense is intended to help relieve the negative symptoms you are experiencing. When you are no longer hindered by uncomfortable symptoms, you can concentrate on helping restore your body to its healthy balance.
Q: Is Diet Defense a drug?
A: Because the ingredients in Diet Defense meet the "Criteria for Eligibility of Drugs for Inclusion in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States(HPUS)," and that the HPUS is an officially recognized compendium of homeopathic drugs by the FDA, Diet Defense is considered an OTC homeopathic drug. Therefore, it has to comply with the Labeling Guidelines of the FDA. Homeopathic products have been considered drug products since 1938, as stated in the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
It is important to note that, although Diet Defense is technically considered a homeopathic drug (remedy) by law, its ingredients are natural and safe for supporting your body's healthy balance. Diet Defense is not intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease.
Q: Will this product cause me to experience detoxification symptoms?
A: The purified ionized mineral water base of this product is OTC formulated to initiate a seamless detoxification process, but some sensitive bodies may experience initial detoxification effects. As minerals begin to activate enzymes and chelate toxins and metals, sensitive bodies may experience mild acute symptoms of sores in the mouth (similar to ones caused by eating excessive salty or acidic foods) or loose stools. Symptoms should last only 24 hours.
Help your body through this process it by adding more fibrous raw fruits and vegetables to your diet during this time.
Q: Does Diet Defense come with side effects?
A: According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), a systematic review found homeopathic products such as Diet Defense to be generally safe and unlikely to cause severe adverse reactions when taken as directed. Diet Defense contains no alcohol, making it superior to many other OTC homeopathic formulations in that regard.
While some individuals express concern about homeopathic aggravation (temporary worsening of symptoms after taking a homeopathic medicine), there is little evidence for it in clinical studies. Regardless of Diet Defense's safety, it is always important to inform your health care provider about any self-medication you may use.
Q: What do I need to consider if I'm thinking about using homeopathy?
A: There are five important points to consider and act on, as stated by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM): First, homeopathy is not a replacement for proven conventional care or a visit to your health care professional. Second, research clinical studies conducted around the homeopathic remedies for the health condition you are trying to treat. Third, thoroughly acquaint yourself with any homeopathic practitioner you may visit. Fourth, women who are pregnant or nursing, or those thinking of using homeopathy for a child, should first consult with their health care professional. Fifth, inform all of your health care providers about any complementary and/or alternative practices you use.
Q: Do you sell internationally?
A: Yes. However, all of our products sold internationally are meant for personal use - up to a 90 day supply of any one product may be purchased. We ship via FedEx® or USPS to all international addresses. Customs restrictions and warranty issues prevent us from shipping to every international location. Customers are responsible for any additional Customs fees. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs Office to see if your country permits the importation of our products. If you are not sure, please contact the Customs Office in your country before ordering a product, as we are not responsible for such charges.
Q: How much does it cost to ship internationally?
A: There is just a $19.95 charge to ship to all international addresses without tracking and a $29.95 charge for tracking your order. Tax and duties for international orders are not included in the shipping charge. A separate invoice for Custom fees will be charged to you from either FedEx®, USPS or your country's Customs Office. For more details please see our International Shipping Policy.
About Diet Defense
Diet Defense serves as an integral part of a healthy lifestyle, offering safe symptom relief, which allows the body and mind to focus on life in the present moment.
Diet Defense contains only high quality, naturally-occurring ingredients, in potent therapeutic dilutions, manufactured under strict GMP guidelines as set forth by the FDA.
Diet Defense is part of our new homeopathic product line that offers solutions for a wide array of health challenges. We firmly believe in the safety and indications of all our products, which is why we offer a no-risk money back guarantee whenever you try a new product from us.
We are here to Match Your Commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and for those with cravings and overactive appetite, Diet Defense is the natural way to stay committed and reap the rewards of eating healthy.
How Hunger Works
Hunger is a complicated feeling that is affected by a variety of biological chemicals and processes throughout the body. Unlike respiration and circulation, which function automatically without our interference, hunger is something we can choose to address or not address.
However, like other drives essential to human survival - such as thirst, sleep and sex - we're not exactly left to our own devices. Our bodies cleverly employ several systems that make these urges nearly irresistible, and the modern food industry contains plenty of advertising and anti-nutrients that contribute to uncontrollable cravings, appetite and excess eating.
Still, knowledge is power - and understanding how hunger works in the body can arm you with the ability to take control of it today.
Appetite and Overeating
Appetite occurs largely because of the hunger hormone ghrelin. When meal time approaches, the gut spikes its production of ghrelin, which then travels to . . . .
- The hindbrain, controlling unconscious impulses
- The hypothalamus, which controls metabolism
- The mesolimbic center, which processes feelings of pleasure
This three-pronged effect is the body's way of making sure that when ghrelin is produced, we can't wait to eat.
But ghrelin is not strictly made at meal times. It can also be triggered when we are exposed to the familiar sights, smells, even sounds of food. If it were up to ghrelin alone, we would all eat ourselves to death.
Thankfully, we have hormones that signal fullness as well as hunger. These hormones detect the amount of food in the stomach and tell the brain, "We're full, thanks. Let's not take in more until we've broken this down."
Unfortunately, this message normally takes some time to register - at least 20 minutes in most cases, and as long as 2 hours in others - and in overweight or obese individuals, these hunger-suppressing hormones may not be produced in sufficient amounts.
While similar to appetite, cravings go beyond a drive for survival. They deal almost solely with the psychological rewards eating brings. Here are some interesting facts about cravings:
- Cravings are more common in women than in men.
- Women tend to crave sweet foods, while men tend toward savory.
- We only crave foods that we've had before, many times childhood favorites.
- Cravings are almost exclusively for foods that are high in fat and calories.
- Rarely, people will develop a craving for non-foods - most commonly, ice or dirt. These cravings are most typically in children, pregnant women, and young adults.
- Stress and depression have been found to increase cravings.
- A decreased sensitivity to salty and bitter foods has been tied to high levels of anxiety.
Contributing Factors to Overactive Appetite & Cravings
While everyone gets hungry, and some have more appetite than others, certain factors increase risk for a condition known as polyphagia, or excessive eating. These include:
- Hyperthyroid Disease
- Pancreas Dysfunction
- Increase in Exercise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Certain Medications
- Some Anti-Diabetic Agents
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Damage to Hypothalamus
- Intestinal Parasites
Curb Your Appetite and Cravings, Naturally
You can certainly ease appetite and cravings without dangerous medications or invasive procedures. Some tips to help you resist the urge to overeat:
- Opt for foods high in bulk and low in calories. Instead of a tiny chocolate bar, snack on a bowl of raw nuts or air-popped popcorn (go light on salt and butter).
- Trade in unrefined white breads and pastas for the whole grain variety. Their fiber-rich content is not only good for weight loss and cleansing the body, it also stimulates appetite-suppressing hormones!
- It may seem strange, but brushing your teeth after a meal can do wonders. By removing the taste of ice cream from your mouth, you'll be less tempted to go back for more.
- Eating slowly allows you to fully savor the foods you are eating and also gives your brain the time it needs to realize it's time to stop eating.
- Eating foods with a low glycemic index gives your body a more steady stream of energy. Apples, bananas and green veggies are excellent of example of low glycemic foods.
- A grazing tendency can also provide a steadier flow of energy throughout the day. Keep healthy snacks like carrot sticks, apple sauce and granola readily available and snack on them between meals. You'll find you eat less at regular meal times, and you're craving less overall.
- Don't starve yourself. You'll end up eating more in the long run, and you'll feel miserable until you do (and likely afterward too). Instead, choose your foods carefully and eat healthfully throughout the day.
- Use smaller plates! This psychological trick can really work to reduce your food intake.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal, it helps ensure you're getting enough hydration and it helps fill your stomach and reduce cravings at the same time.
- Out of sight, out of mind works - keep tempting foods out of the house.
- Get enough sleep - research has shown when you skimp on sleep, appetite-stimulating hormones will increase and appetite-suppressing hormones will decrease.
Diet Defense Appetite & Craving Relief is homeopathically formulated to relieve overactive appetite, cravings, empty stomach feeling and stress and excess eating. Diet Defense is safe for adults and children over age 2.
Additionally, Diet Defense goes further than other appetite suppressants, and actually promotes weight loss and maintenance. That's because Diet Defense works with the body, not against it.
You should still continue to lead a healthy lifestyle while taking Diet Defense. If appetite symptoms do not improve or become more severe, consult your health care professional, as this may be an indication of a more serious health condition.
Indications by Ingredient:
Indications for Use: For temporary relief of excess appetite and craving due to overactive appetite, empty stomach feeling, food cravings, stress eating, excess eating.
Caution: As an OTC medicine, Diet Defense is not intended to replace any medications prescribed by your physician.
Diet Defense is made without alcohol or sugar and has no gluten added.
Active Ingredients: Abies canadensis HPUS, Anacardium orientale HPUS, Argentum metallicum HPUS, Adrenocorticotrophin HPUS, Hypothalamus HPUS, Ignatia amara HPUS, Lycopodium clavatum HPUS, Natrum phosphoricum HPUS, Phosphorus HPUS, Pituitarum HPUS, Sabadilla HPUS, Staphysagria HPUS, Sulphur HPUS, Thyroidinum HPUS, Veratrum album HPUS
The letters "HPUS" indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. Each of the above ingredients contains equal volumes of 12X, 24X and LM1 potencies.
- Excessive appetite (Sulphur)
- Hasty eating and drinking (Anacardium orientale)
- Hunger (Ignatia amara, Phosphorus)
- Insatiable hunger (Abies canadensis, Argentum metallicum, Lycopodium clavatum, Staphysagria)
- Overactive appetite (Natrum phosphoricum, Phosphorus))
Empty Stomach Feeling
- Chilly sensations (Abies canadensis)
- Cold feeling (Natrum phosphoricum, Sabadilla)
- Empty feeling stomach (Anacardium orientale, Ignatia amara, Natrum phosphoricum, Sabadilla)
- Nervous stomach (Anacardium orientale)
- Rumbling in abdomen (Ignatia amara)
- Appetite for strong food (Natrum phosphoricum)
- Craving for acidic foods (Ignatia amara)
- Craving for starches (Sabadilla)
- Craving for stimulants (Staphysagria)
- Craving for sweets (Lycopodium clavatum, Sabadilla, Sulphur, Thyroidinum)
- Peculiar cravings (Abies canadensis, Ignatia amara)
- Comfort eating (Anacardium orientale)
- Depression (Anacardium orientale, Hypothalamus)
- Excessive acidity (Natrum phosphoricum)
- Inactive bowels (Anacardium orientale)
- Irregular physical development (Adrenocorticotrophin)
- Irritability (Anacardium Orientale)
- Lack of self confidence (Anacardium orientale)
- Loss of appetite (Sulphur)
- Metabolism imbalance (Adrenocorticotrophin)
- Mood swings (Ignatia amara)
- Nervous temperament (Ignatia amara)
- Palpitation (Abies canadensis)
- Restlessness (Argentum metallicum)
- Tendency to eat under stress (Adrenocorticotrophin)
- Bloating (Lycopodium clavatum)
- Excessive drinking (Sulphur)
- Gluttony (Abies canadensis)
- Insatiable appetite (Veratrum album)
- Obesity (Thyroidinum)
- Stomach cramps (Ignatia amara)
- Weak digestion (Anacardium orientale, Lycopodium clavatum)